THE FOLLOWING SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ONLY AND SHALL ONLY BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO U.S. LAW.
NO ENTRY FEE. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MUST ENTER ONLINE.
1. Eligibility: The DUB Magazine Survey (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of the all states in the United States save and except for Florida and New York, whose residents are expressly excluded from entry in this Sweepstakes, and the District of Columbia age 16 and older on the day of entry. Employees of Valvoline (the "Sponsor"), DUB Publishing, Inc. (the "Administrator"), and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies (collectively the "Sweepstakes Entities"), as well as their immediate family members and persons living in their same household, are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes Entrant's full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules & Regulations ("Official Rules"). Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
2. Sweepstakes Period: This Sweepstakes will begin at 11:59 p.m. Pacific time on February 10th, 2012 and end at 11:59 p.m. Pacific time on March 10th, 2013 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
3. To Enter: There is one (1) method of entry for this Sweepstakes. During the Sweepstakes Period, visit www.dubmagazine.com/dubsurvey2013(the “Website”) and follow the links and instructions to complete and submit the registration including your full name, a valid email address, phone number and a valid home address. P.O. Boxes are not permitted. You automatically will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Receipt of an entry occurs when Administrator's servers record the entry information. Only one entry per person, household, and/or e-mail address is permitted. For the purposes of this Sweepstakes, an "Entrant" shall consist of a person, family or household with a valid household mailing address and valid household e-mail address. Multiple Entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any Entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that Entrant's entries and that Entrant will be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Incomplete entries are void. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected registrations, which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any registration or entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the Entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder and other verification of identity.
4. Prize Drawing: Drawings for this Sweepstakes will be held on or around March 20th, 2013. Winners shall be chosen from the pool of all eligible Sweepstakes entries. A random drawing will be conducted by the Administrator whose decisions will be final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. One drawing will occur per prize and winners will be notified by either electronic or US mail. If a selected winner is determined by the Judges to be ineligible (as determined by the Administrator in its sole discretion), or fails to claim his/her prize within a reasonable time following notification (as determined by the Administrator in its sole discretion), the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. If due to an error, more prizes are claimed than are intended to be awarded, the intended prize will be awarded in a random drawing from among all verified and validated prize claims received. In no event will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded.
5. Verification of Potential Winners:
ALL POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION AND VALIDATION BY SPONSOR AND/OR THE ADMINISTRATOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT'S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VALIDATED AND VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. THE ADMINISTRATOR WILL NOT ACCEPT SCREEN SHOTS, EMAILS OR OTHER EVIDENCE OF WINNING IN LIEU OF ITS VALIDATION PROCESS. ANY ENTRY THAT OCCURS AFTER THE SYSTEM HAS FAILED FOR ANY REASON IS DEEMED A DEFECTIVE ENTRY AND IS VOID AND WILL NOT BE HONORED.
Potential winners must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Each potential winner will be notified by mail, email or phone. Each potential winner will be required to sign and return to Sponsor, within ten (10) days of the date notice is sent, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release (except where prohibited) in order to claim his/her prize if applicable and must provide proof of insurance for the vehicle at the time of delivery. If a potential winner of any prize cannot be contacted, or fails to sign and return the Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release within the required time period (if applicable), fails to provide proof of insurance for the Grand Prize vehicle at the time of delivery or a prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize. In the event that the potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Alternate winners are subject to all requirements set forth in these Official Rules. Only three (3) alternate winners will be selected after which the prize will remain un-awarded.
6. Prizes and Odds: The Sweepstakes involves a total of two prizes to be won. The prizes shall consist of a $100 VISA® Gift Card, and a DUB® T-Shirt. Two style choices will be presented to the winner to choose from. The odds of winning depend on the number of valid entries received.
The value for the prize is approximately $125 (US). The Sweepstakes Entities reserve the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value should featured prizes become unavailable. Winner is solely responsible for any and all federal, state, provincial and local taxes that apply to prizes and their receipt. There is no cash alternative, no other substitution of prizes is permitted and prizes are non-transferable. Sweepstakes Entities will not replace any lost or stolen prizes.
8. General Release. To the extent permitted by applicable law, by entering the Sweepstakes, you release the Sweepstakes Entities and any of their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agencies (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any liability whatsoever, and agree not to make any claims against the Released Parties in respect of any costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Sweepstakes (including, without limitation, participation in the Sweepstakes) or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of, misuse of or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
9. Publicity: As a condition of entry into the Sweepstakes, except where prohibited by law, each entrant and each potential winner by accepting the prize grants to the Sweepstakes Entities, a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free license and right, to publicize, broadcast, display and/or otherwise use the Sweepstakes entrant’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state (collectively, “Licensed Rights”) in any media now known or hereafter devised throughout the world in perpetuity for advertising and publicity purposes, without additional review, compensation, permission or approval of any winner.
10. General Rules: By entering, you accept and agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sweepstakes Entities. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for late, lost, delayed, incomplete, corrupt, or misdirected entries, responses, or other correspondence, or for theft or destruction or unauthorized access or alterations of entry materials, phone, electrical, network, computer, hardware, software program or transmission malfunctions, failures or difficulties. By participating in the Sweepstakes, Entrant releases the Sweepstakes Entities, their parents, and their affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, sponsors, and agents, including advertising and promotion agencies, from any and all liability with respect to the Sweepstakes or the acceptance, possession or use of any prize, including without limitation (i) any condition caused by events beyond Sponsor's control that may cause the Sweepstakes to be disrupted or corrupted; (ii) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; and (iii) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes. Sponsor's decisions in all respects relative to the Sweepstakes are final. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes in whole or in part, in the event of fraud, technical or other difficulties or if the integrity of the Sweepstakes is compromised, without liability to the entrant. Sponsor also reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify the Entry of any individual found to be (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or any website operated by the Sweepstakes Entities; (b) violating these Official Rules or the terms of service, conditions of use, and/or general rules of any Sweepstakes Entities' property or service; or (c) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any winner, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. This Sweepstakes shall only be construed and evaluated according to law of the state of California, without regard to the principles of conflicts of laws and submission of an entry constitutes acceptance of such laws. All federal, state, provincial and local regulations apply.
11. Arbitration: Except where prohibited, as a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, entrant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, or the determination of winners shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the streamlined arbitration rules of JAMS, then effective. The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of California, in the City of Los Angeles, County of Los Angeles, and judgment on the arbitration award may be entered into any court having jurisdiction thereof. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys' fees, other than entrant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (e.g., costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes), and entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
12. Governing Law and Jurisdiction: This sweepstakes is governed by US law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrant and the Sweepstakes Entities in connection with this Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in Arbitration Section of these Official Rules and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in the State of California, in the City of Los Angeles, County of Los Angeles.
13. Winner's List, Official Rules: For a list of prize winners or a copy of these Official Rules, send your request and a stamped, self-addressed envelope to "2013 DUB Survey", c/o DUB Publishing, Inc., 16815 Johnson Drive, City of Industry, CA 91745.
14. Administrator’s Address: DUB Publishing, Inc., 16815 Johnson Drive, City of Industry, CA 91745.
Copyright © 2013 DUB Publishing, Inc.