The late 60s and early 70s were a great time for sportier full-size off-road SUVs such as the International Scout and Ford Bronco. In 1969 Chevy introduced its smallest full-size SUV, the Chevy K5 Blazer, which quickly started outselling its more established competitors solidifying its place in history. Fast forward to now and the American classic is now a sought-after base for customizers looking to breathe new life into the storied SUV. John Condor is one such customizer, seeing potential in the Chevy K5 he fondly remembers his grandfather owning.
To get the dropped stance proper, he installed a full AccuAir ENDO CVT air bag set up and paired it with a Porterbuilt Stage 3 suspension for more performance and comfier ride. The wheel wells are filled with 20” Detroit Steel Wheel Delrays wrapped in Nitto NT555G2 tires.
With the stance already taken care of, performance was the next focus. John went with an LS3 engine with 6-speed automatic transmission, custom Magnaflow exhaust by 6651 Customs in Vegas and Wilwood brake system and their Hydroboost upgrade kit. A Vintage Air climate system and Vintage Air Front Runner drive system were also installed to eliminate the kind of harmonic vibration that can often destroy a conventional engine drive bracket.
Perfection and attention to detail don’t happen overnight when you’re building a custom at this level. John had to wait four long years until he and his daughter were able to cruise in his beloved K5 Blazer.
Now, his favorite part is seeing people’s reactions to it when they see him behind the wheel. When he’s not taking it out for quick spins in Sin City, he’s showing it off at various events, where it’s admired by show-goers. “It’s definitely the cleanest build that I‘ve done right now. But stay tuned for more because I have something else planned for the near future that’s going to be as big!”
1972 CHEVY K5 BLAZER
OWNER: JOHN CONDOR
• LS3 with 6-speed auto
• Wilwood Big Brake Kit and Wilwood Hydrobost kit
• Magna flow exhaust by 6651 customs In Vegas
• Full Porterbuilt Stage 3 Suspension
• Full AccuAir ENDO CVT air suspension
• Vintage Air Front Runner Kit
• 20×11 rear and 20×9 front Detroit Steel Wheel Company Delrays
• 305/30R20 rear and 255/35R20 front Nitto NT555 G2 Tires
• 1968 C10 front end
• Audi Nardo Gray and Glacier white paint
• Paint and Body by Alejandro at Airth Defined
• Self Made Fab sheet metal fenders
• Full powder coated frame and components by 6651 Customs
• Custom Clear Bra by Team Acme in Henderson, NV
• All United Pacific lighting
• Relocated full filler behind side marker light
• Full custom Interior by Kevin at Dream Upholstery in Vegas
• Vintage Air Climate Control System
• Dakota Digital Gauges
• Billet Specialties Steering Wheel
• RetroSound Head Unit
• Complete JL Audio Stereo by Andrew Evans at Fabricated Audio in Las Vegas